Constant Force Balance Replacement

A home owner from Virginia Beach, VA says:
There are no markings on my two balances except for a number 5 stamped on the spring coil. The balances seem to be functioning fine but they won't hold the window sash up, the sash always drifts back down slowly. I don't know what brand the window is.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like the springs aren't strong enough. Take a look at our 1/2" thick S160-6, this may fix your issue. Each of these springs can carry 6 pounds each, as opposed to the 5 pounds your current spring can carry.
A home owner from Virginia Beach, VA says:
Received the springs on Friday, unfortunately they didn't work. The window was drifting still. I'll need to send these back and order a stronger pair.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you know the exact weight of your sash? That's probably the issue. Once you know how heavy your sash is you can be 100% sure what strength spring will work.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.