SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Constant Force Double Coil Window Spring

A home owner from Pooler, Georgia says:
I currently have two windows that were manufactured incorrectly as they were made with single coil springs. The sash seems to way about 20-22lbs (33in x 30in double pain). Therefore the single coil they put in the window was insufficient. My other windows have double coils as shown in the picture attached. I am looking for similar coils that I can put in the windows that had single coils that have broken. I am selling this house and I am therefore looking to get a good quick replacement product.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your other window has the same kind of pivot shoe, then I recommend our Series 190 coil spring. The question is, what kind? Since your window sash weighs 20 to 22 pounds, our S190-540 may be what you want; each of these springs can hold up 5 pounds. They can replace other springs stamped with "#5" or "540." Would that work?

You may also want to see our double clip, the 15-181.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)