Constant force balance

A landlord from East Brunswick says:
The constant balance system in my window is not functioning. The coils seem to be intact. But the plastic has decayed and broken on the shoe. Please help me identify the parts needed to fix the window. Please see attached photos.

Coil assembly
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your post. if the shoe is the only thing that is broken, see our 15-180. Let us know if you agree with that recommendation.
A quick learner from East Brunswick, nj says:
On one side, it appears as if only the shoe is broken. On the other side, the housing for the coils is deteriorated.

What would parts would I need to replace it? Would I need to replace the parts on both sides?
Profile picture of Tom
If the coils are broken, too, we would recommend the Series 190 coil balance. You'll need the number off the old spring to confirm the best match.

You can reuse the old shoe on one side, if it's undamaged. However, it may be a good idea to replace all the springs at the same time.
A quick learner from East Brunswick says:
The coils appear to be intact, but the housing that holds them has broken down.
A quick learner from East Brunswick, NJ says:
Hi Tom,
Perhaps I am not explaining my issue properly. One side of the track has a broken shoe, but the balance--springs, plastic housing for the springs, etc.--is intact. The other side has springs intact but has a broken shoe and a deteriorated plastic housing for the coil balance. The window sash is 20" wide by 24" high. What parts would you recommend?
Jerry
Profile picture of Tom
Well, we mentioned the 15-180 pivot shoe and Series 190 spring above. If you also need the clip that keeps the springs stabilized, see the 15-181, as well as the 15-182 drum.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.