Constant force coil does not keep window up.

A contractor from Indianapolis area says:
There is a number 8 on the coil. What parts do I need to replace? Will need replacement par6s so I can install by Thursday at the latest for a house closing Friday morning. Any help in expediting would be appreciated. Have ordered parts before.
Thanks
Vic
coil balance shoe
Coil is 1/2 " wide, shoe is 1.25" wide. Springs are not broken but does not keep the 30"x32" window up.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Vic,
See the following items; you only need to replace what is broken or missing and reuse the original screws:
15-180 Coil Balance Shoe
15-182 Balance Bushing
15-186 Coil Balance Clip
S190-840, Coil Balance Spring (this will replace coils with 8 stamp)

Now, if this coil was not holding the window it could be the sash weighs more than 16 lbs. A window with a #8 on each side of the sash will hold up to 16 pounds. Get the sash weight and we can work from there.
Sash weight I'd around 22-22#. Other sashes work ok with this set up, they weigh around 18#
A contractor from Indianapolis says:
Installed replacement parts. Window does not stay up, tried other wash from another window and balance system worked on. There is a difference of 3 to 4 # between the sashes. Is there a stronger coil spring that can be installed?
since there is a 3-4 # difference between the two sashs, would a 10# coil spring work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear our springs didn't work. I wonder why they were stamped with the number 8. You mentioned that these springs worked with other windows, so it's possible the original installers assumed all windows were the same weight and just installed 8 pound springs in each one without checking.

Either way, I would recommend using an S190-540 and an S190-640 on each side. These springs should hold up your 22 pound sash. I would also recommend a 15-181 double support clip with two 15-182 bushings.
Will the shoe I ordered for the single coil spring work for the double springs? Or do I need to order another shoe?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep, the 15-180 should work well for two springs. There is a screw hole on each side, one for each spring.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.