Using push pins for storm windows

A quick learner from USA says:
I have aluminum clad Marvin double hung windows that have a removable aluminum framed screen. The screen is held in place by a channel at the top of the window frame and with a pin on either side that fits into a hole in the window frame. I've used your 70-009 pins to replace the pins in the screens. I'd like to find a way to build a storm window that fits in place of the removable screen but I don't think I can put a pin through the aluminum storm window frame I've found. Do you have anything that would fit into the existing holes in the side of the window frame that would hold in a storm window the way the screen is held in? I could probably use your 70-204 pull instead, but I'd rather not drill holes into the aluminum window frame if I don't have to. Thanks. /Mark
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid you won't be able to make glass storm panels that use pull pins, like a screen would. Your best option would be to use something like our 70-056 top hangers with a 70-204 slip on latch, but you will need to drill holes in the window frame. Maybe go with insulted curtains on the interior.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.