Tool to install 81-310?

A home owner from Anaheim, CA says:
Received my order of five kits 81-310 and ten 81-236. Would like to know what type tool/tip do you recommend to "curl brad" the copper colored shaft end. I guess this has to be used with a bench press or bench vise. They cannot be pounded without precision because the shaft and wheel assembly has to glide in the wheel housing that is fixed to the closet door.
A home owner from Anaheim, CA says:
After further research I used the washer and grommet shown with the brass fitting that came in your parts kit. If you were to include two grommets and washers in your kit, that would alleviate the need to go to several stores trying to find something to work with your parts.

The grommets should come with splines/rough exterior surface on its outer sleeve to enable the grommet to better grip the brass fitting when it is pressed into the fitting. Otherwise, I caution the novice to use a center punch to crimp the inside of the grommet in at least two opposite positions to keep the grommets from coming loose once it and the washer has been installed through the wheel/roller assemble. I am including a photo of the items to which I am referring.
Roller
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I see your use of the grommets and they do make a clean job on the rollers. My question is, will the grommets stay in place? Are they held in by friction? In any case, for this type of repair, there is no exact science. Every fix runs into a different problem or situation. At a certain point you just have to play it by ear and hope your gut knows what it's doing!
A quick learner from Anaheim says:
No, they will not be held in place by friction. If you can't find grommets with splines or a rough exterior on its shaft, then you must use a tool (center punch) to put a couple of indentations on the inside of the grommet after you have pressed it into the brass fitting.
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.