SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Convert to flush mount

A quick learner from Chicago says:
I would like to replace this hardware on this door to a flush mount handle. Is this possible? I am installing blinds in front of the door and want to get them as close to the door as possible. If I cannot change this hardware, is there a small form factor handle that would work?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There aren't a lot of low-profile handles in this style. I believe the lowest we have is our 82-069, which sticks out from the door at approximately 1-9/16". You could possibly consider using our 82-100 thumb latch lever, but you would still need some kind of pull to open and close the door.
A quick learner from Chicago says:
So I can't cut an opening to allow for your flush mount handle?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Not with the mortise type lock that you have now. Take a look at our 82-073 or 82-074 handle set. You could possibly use one of these (depending on door thickness), but remove the inside pull handle from the mounting plate. It won't really offer the best grip but that is the only other possibility I can think of.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)