SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Corner Bracket Insert

A handy person from Firebaugh says:
I dont know the brand of my sliding screen door but mine had these plastic corner inserts. Theyre 1-1/8 just like the 95-020 Acorn, but my piece appears to be just about a hair above 3/8 wide. Wondering would these fit my screen door because i cant find these plastic corners anywhere? The hole for the wheels starts at 3-5/8 and is about 1.5 inches wide. Any help would be great thanks.
User submitted a photo of a screen door corner.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You could consider our 84-026 corner wheel, which is 1-1/8" wide and 13/32" thick. You will, however, need to remove the wheel and adjusting screw to get it to work in your door. Would this solution work for you.
A quick learner from firebaugh says:
I was looking into those as well. They will work but I doubt they will with the stock wheels since their adjustment screws are on top. Could these work if perhaps I drill a hole on the side to gain access to the adjusting screw.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can try that, but most service people who have used this part have removed the adjusting screw and roller and just used it as a corner key.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)