Corner for door frame

A handy person from West Seneca, NY says:
This is assumed to be from a MARVIN door. Distributor claims no corners are available. Marvin Door does not respond to customers inquiry.

Do you have a corner like this? Can you advise cost?

Thanks,
Norm
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's odd that Marvin will not supply you with the corner key for your storm door. In most cases, the manufacturer of these newer type Pre-Hung storm doors don't want you to repair. They want you to replace it with a new door. Either way, I'm afraid we don't have this exact part. I suggest taking a look at our 95-054 and the 95-129. Maybe doubling up on these corners will give you the size you need. This is what we did in some cases back when we used to repair storm doors and the original corners were not available.
A quick learner from Western New York says:
Thanks Dave. I managed to modify some metal corners and repaired and re-screened the unit. I will keep your advice on the doubling up of the units you mentioned as a reference and possible future repair. Your help is always appreciated and has proved invaluable. Thanks again.

Norm

PS...A 3D printer is starting to look more and more attractive as I begin to do more repairs. :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.