Correct choice

A quick learner from Arizona says:
Replacing channel balances and retainers clips in old Jordan windows (house built in 1991). Appears the best choice is Series 390-29 Option 2840 at 29". Retainer clips are #16-002. It appears one window has original balances with stamp in metal of: 28 4c J Second window balances appear to be replaced with ink stamp of 28 4 FN Caldwell. Measurements are the same as your pictures. Only difference is on the foot insert-the longest side that goes outside the channel (part that is 1" long) that splits so it can slip into channel-its opposing side that goes inside the channel is longer than pictures. Instead of being same height as rest of piece that slides inside, it continues on to make a leg (like top piece). As I'm replacing entire balance, does this matter? As indicated, everything else is the same. Also, is the 2840 the correct weight?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I agree, the Series 390 looks like our best match. I actually can't make out the difference you're describing. At least, I don't notice any differences that would prevent the Series 390 from working. I would also recommend the 2840 option, yes.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.