SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Correct coil balance shoe

A quick learner from Washington, DC says:
My coil balance shoe looks like 15-175 but it is not blue. The coil is held by a screw, but I do not see a screw or a whole for a screw in the picture. Does 15-175 use a screw to connect the coil and if so, is there a screw hole on both sides so it can be used right or left? I have determined that i need a 7 lb.coil.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! If your shoe is not blue, what color is it? It may not matter, but I would like to know anyway just in case! As for how the coil spring attaches, t he 15-175 does use a screw (our 33-072 in fact) which can install on either the left or right hand side of the shoe, as needed. I know it's hard to see because of the way the shoe's shape, but there are two holes on the side where the screw installs.
A quick learner from Washington DC says:
Tom.
The shoe opaque off white. I sent a picture. The brake on my shoe pushes out on the back. I assume the 15-175 is designed the same way.
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I don't think the difference in the color of the body will matter that much, no. Yes, the 15-175 brake pad operates in the same way.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)