SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Counter Balance

A quick learner from Silt says:
If my counter balance pops up to the top of the window when I open my window, do I just need to replace both counter balances?

Anytime this happens,I push the counter balance down below the clip and push the window down. Then I pop open the clips and raise the window. Once both counter balances are aligned, I lower the window again and it is operational. I pulled the actual window out and it does not appear damaged in any way.

We are now selling our house and the inspector said that these two windows I have problems with need to be repaired in operational condition.

The counter balance item # is 14 3 BSI NE. Thank you for any help you can provide. I really do not want to replace the windows.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your description, it sounds like your top sash guide has broken. Take a look at the video below and see if this resembles what you're going through.
A quick learner says:
That is exactly what is happening. Thank you so much. Will take a look at the replacement parts when I get hone tonight.

Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Of course, I was happy to help. If you have any specific questions or need help finding the proper top sash guide, let me know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)