Counterbalance ALENCO

A handy person from Lambertville N.J. says:
Howdy! I need to replace a counterbalance for an ALENCO single hung tilt window. The dimensions are the 9/16" wide (1/2") non-ribbed channel. Overall length is 26". Please see pictures attached.

Let me know what you think!

Thank you. Jeff D
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our Series 770 channel balance. Take a look and see what you think. You will need the stamp from the old balance to determine the best option. As for the shoe, see our 15-129. This may be a good match but I recommend going over our dimensions to confirm.
Thanks for the reply. Just exactly what do you mean by the "stamp"? Is that some kind of part number embossed on the piece somewhere?
Profile picture of Tom
Yep! A stamp is any kind of numbers either stamped on or engraved into the balance. It's indicative of the spring strength rating. You can see a list of stamp options we have on every Series 770 store page and how much weight each one can support.
A handy person from Lamberville N.J. says:
Thanks, I will take a look at the balance to see if I can find any identifying markings. Will let you know if I cannot figure it out. Thanks for the help!
Here is a picture of the Stamp. Looks to be: g C2540 Can you cross reference your part number? Thanks!
channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! That stamp is a little atypical. I think your best bet is to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm the best option.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.