Coutout width on 26-362

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Here is a diagram of the cutout that would fit the 26-362 vent latch.

Alternate view of 26-362
Alternate view of 26-362
A handy person from Portland says:
What is the cutout width for the 26-362 vent latch?
A home owner from South/Central Ohio says:
My windows do not currently have a "vent" lock. Is this the right product for me? I had replacement windows put into an old house that camr with vent locks. So, when we built our current home I made sure to use the same manufacturer for our windows because we absolutely loved that feature. When our windows were installed they did not have the vent locks on them. I was told that the vent locks only came on replacement windows. I've searched sporadically over the years for something that would allow me to keep my windows cracked, but secured. PS - We have vinyl, double-hung, tilt-out windows.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I also have noticed that it seems that new construction windows do not come with vent locks. These vent lock cut outs are punched in at the factory with a special machine. It would be very difficult to cut into the vinyl sash. I would not recommend cutting your own vent lock holes because you could damage the sash or the glass and void the warranty on the windows.
A home owner from North Carolina says:
does SWISCO sell a vent lock for vinyl windows that do not have them today? I would like to add them to my windows.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Swisco specializes in replacement hardware. The vent locks we have are meant to replace an existing vent lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Good news! We just added a vent lock that can be installed on windows that don't currently have vent locks. It's the Swisco 26-387 Vent Lock Kit.

Please take a look on our tutorial video on how to install the 26-387:

A quick learner from Illinois says:
Do you recommend one vent latch per window, or two (one on each side)?
Profile picture of Tom

The 26-387 comes as a pair, and we generally recommend using a pair for a single sash. That way it's more secure and less strain on the individual components.

How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.