SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Cracked crank cover for my Anderson casement window

A quick learner from Austintown Ohio says:
The operator crank mechanism for my Anderson Casement Windows (looking on right side from inside double window) cracked the crank cover while opening the window. I discovered (I think) that when turning crank, the bushing that retains the operator screw is no longer holding and it backs out of the base pushing the bushing and operator cover off. I have included a photo of it in hopes of getting a suggestion for resolving project.
User submitted photo of their Anderson casement window crank operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If the worm gear has pulled out, then it is time to replace the operator. I cannot determine which operator you have by the photo. Look at 39-094, 39-095, 39-146, and 39-147. We also do carry just the covers 39-154.

After you remove the operator from the window, take a few pictures and submit them here if you need help identifying which replacement operator you will need.
A quick learner from Austintown, Ohio says:
I finally did get the molding off exposing the Anderson right hand (from inside)defective crank mechanism from our casement window. Here's a few more pictures to help find the proper new operator. Could not find any associated numbers. Thanks for any help. Description User submitted photos of window operator. Code
User submitted photos of window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
It appears you may have the Swisco 39-146 Andersen Window Crank. The corresponding 39-286 Operator Handle is sold separately.
A quick learner from Urbana, IL says:
This is such a great service. I have a similar problem but I think my unit is a different one. Can you look at this photo and identify the part I need?
User submitted photo of Andersen window crank.
Profile picture of Dave
Thank you for submitting your photo. However, we cannot identify without seeing the rest of the operator. Please submit a couple photos of the rest of the operator so we can take a look.
A quick learner from Urbana, IL says:
Attached are some additional photos. I think the replacement part is
39-094 : Andersen Straight Arm Operator, 9 3/8" arm, LH

User submitted photo of Andersen window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Yes, the 39-094 does look like the replacement operator you need. The operator will come with a new cover and track as pictured in the 39-094 product picture. It does not come with the handle so check to see if your handle can be reused or purchase a new handle, see 39-286
A quick learner from New York says:

Greetings,

Any chance you can help me? I need a crank cover for an Andersen window. A picture of the cover is included. It is the snap-in variety (no screw holes). It measures 4 5/8 inches across. As you can see the hole for the crank is in the middle of the cover. The cover has the word "Andersen" on it along with the company emblem. This window may have been manufactured in the 1970's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Chris
User submitted photo of Andersen crank.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Have you taken a look at the 39-286 Casement Window Handle?
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
Is there a way to replace the bushings instead of replacing the entire operator? The operators I have are the same as the the one in the first picture posted. If the operator is cleaned and greased and the bushing replaced it would operate perfectly.

How can I replace just the bushing?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you mean by bushing. Are you referring to the bore that connects to the handle and physically cranks the arms in and out? If so, it cannot be replaced.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)