SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crank handle dimensions

A handy person from Grand Rapids, MI says:
Dear Sirs; The measurement of the spline on our operator is 5/16" or 10mm across. Is this going to accomodate your 3/8" rear bore or am I looking at the wrong item (39-104). There are 12 teeth on the spline. The other dimensions are close enough
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
If the spline of your window operator measures 5/16" it will not fit this crank handle. The only 5/16" crank handle available is the 39-218 t-handle, but it is for a hex shaped spline. Take a look at the included picture in this post for a much more detailed image of the 39-104 gear hole.
Close up of the gear hole of the 39-104 window operator crank handle.
A handy person from Woodinville, WA USA says:
Our operator handle has 12 splines, and a 3/8" bore I.D. However, where your illustration shows 3-3/8" from center of bore to outer edge of handle rotator our handle measures 3-3/8", and where your illustration shows 2-5/8" overall length from bottom of hub to tip of rotator our operator measures 3-5/8". Any chance there was a mixup on your drawing? I would like to install something similar in proportion to what we are replacing.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good call on that correction. We just fixed the part measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)