Crank handle dimensions

A handy person from Grand Rapids, MI says:
Dear Sirs; The measurement of the spline on our operator is 5/16" or 10mm across. Is this going to accomodate your 3/8" rear bore or am I looking at the wrong item (39-104). There are 12 teeth on the spline. The other dimensions are close enough
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If the spline of your window operator measures 5/16" it will not fit this crank handle. The only 5/16" crank handle available is the 39-218 t-handle, but it is for a hex shaped spline. Take a look at the included picture in this post for a much more detailed image of the 39-104 gear hole.
Close up of the gear hole of the 39-104 window operator crank handle.
Close up of the gear hole of the 39-104 window operator crank handle.
A handy person from Woodinville, WA USA says:
Our operator handle has 12 splines, and a 3/8" bore I.D. However, where your illustration shows 3-3/8" from center of bore to outer edge of handle rotator our handle measures 3-3/8", and where your illustration shows 2-5/8" overall length from bottom of hub to tip of rotator our operator measures 3-5/8". Any chance there was a mixup on your drawing? I would like to install something similar in proportion to what we are replacing.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Good call on that correction. We just fixed the part measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.