SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crank handle extension screws

A quick learner from Christiana, PA says:
I plan to purchase 2 crank extensions 39-124 and 2 handle extensions 39-356. I will need 2(two) 5" screws to put everything together. What is the part # for the 5" screw?
Upon further analysis, I think I will be ordering 2 Handle Extensions, 2" Product Code 39-357 to attach to my jalousie cranks that have a 3" long barrel.

I still need 5" screws. Do you have a part number?
More info: My current cranks that are too short are brown, plastic, Kinro
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The extensions you mentioned are all meant for mobile home type operators, so make sure they will fit your operator.

As for the screw, we do not have one that is 5" long. It might be hard to find one that long. You would need to go to a local hardware store and see if they can supply it. Take one of the screws with you to match up the thread count which should be 8-32. Also take note the screw head is called a "round" head screw to fit into the handle.
Actually, after much research and dead-ends at hardware stores, Home Depot, online, etc. ...

My screw is a metric M4 .70 thread and needs to be 13mm long. My local welder will be modifying my short screws to accommodate the extension I already bought from you. I think my case is closed. Thanks for your input.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)