Crank handle insert OP05-1509

A quick learner from Toronto, Canada says:
Please kindly assist the following problem that I have -

Parts:
Crank handle OP05-1509
Casement Operator OP05-7540-03
Crank handle insert (male) is broken (the metal end). The broken metal piece is stuck in the casement operator hole.

What are the options to fix this problem? Is there any way to remove the broken piece from the casement operator? Or do I need to replace with a new casement? Please advise.

Please kindly quote both the handle crank and casement unit.
Thank you very much in advance.

Eddie
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe your operator uses something like our 39-226 handle, which has a hex stem. I'm not sure if you can remove the broken piece, as it looks pretty stuck in there. At least, there's no special trick or method that I can think of. You could possibly drill a small hole, then install a screw and use a set of pliers see to pull out the broken piece. If that doesn't work, you will need an all new operator. In that scenario, please show us a picture of the operator itself out of the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.