SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crappy Windows from Ryan (NVR) Homes

A quick learner from Dayton OH says:
Hello. Having problems with ~16-yr old windows in my Ryan home. I believe the manufacturer is Patriot Manufacturing, but it seems as though they've gone out of business. they might be doing business under the name Ply Gem.

My first two photos are of a twist spring for a single-hung window. The spring has come out of its silver sleeve; I can't see how to put it back. Also, on another window (same teenage boy's room -- grrr), the "spring" does not work.

Also, the 2nd two photos show latches -- one intact and the other broke -- for disengaging the widow from the track so it can be tilted inward.

I would like to replace the springs and the latch, but there are no labels, stamps, nothing on the windows, and I checked several through the house.

I'm very hopeful you can help me out!

Thanks; steve
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your pictures are very helpful, so we should be able to help. Looks like you have our Series 600 tilt window spiral balances. See what you think. For the top tilt latches, check out our 26-263 and 26-264. Carefully review this hardware and tell me what you think.
A professional from Orlando says:
I have the same Windows and afterwards few, years of abuse, have also had to replace some of these same parts (that are easy to replace for a reason). Everything else about these windows seem solid and well built. They are still water and wind tight and no glass issues. I just laughed and had to comment how the OP titles his post "Crappy Windows" when the pieces he is really complaining about were not manufactured by Patriot and are the same parts he is ordering now (I'm sure Swisco might even take offense to it).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)