SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crestline Glazing bead

A professional from Coal City, IL says:
I need some white vinyl glazing beads for what I think is a Crestline vinyl slider window. These are wafer thin and very flexible. The face of the beads measures 21/32" or a strong 5/8". The barb is about a 1/4" wide. Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Steve WindowRepairGuy.com
One Source Renovation, LLC
User submitted a photo of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Steve, thanks for posting. Have you seen our 55-164? This looks pretty close to your sample. Take a look and tell me what you think.
A professional says:
Hi Paul,

I did see that one but the barb is at an angle much greater than the one I have and the material is too thick. If I'm correct, that 55-164 bead is very rigid, thicker extruded vinyl, the one I need is flimsy and flexible.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Actually, our 55-164 is fairly flexible. Take a look at this animated image to see what I mean:
A SWISCO animated image of the 55-164's flexibility.
A quick learner says:
That's a nice feature to be able to show me an animated clip, very cool. I'm still a bit concerned that the barb is at too great of an angle. On the bead I need the barb slides almost horizontal into the sash frame to be engaged. Maybe I should just order one and see if it works. If not I'm sure I can use it in the future. I sure do appreciate your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)