Crestline sliding doors

A home owner from Maryland says:
I have crestline sliding doors installed around 2001. One of the doors (the one we use primarily) has gotten very hard to open and close and I notice that the rubber track it slides on is getting torn up. Can you tell me how to repair this and what I need? The locking mechanism is also not catching.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like a problem with the rollers. You should try cleaning the track and adjusting them and see if that works. If not, you should consider replacing them altogether. Watch the video below for more information on how to replace patio glass door rollers.
A home owner says:
thank you. I have raised the rollers as much as I can and that did help some. I think they need to be replaced and would like to find out the part number that I will need so that I can get the part prior to removing the door. I will have to get someone to do this for me and handymen charge quite a bit per visit.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing pictures of the original rollers, it will be hard to make a recommendation. However, Crestline used two types of rollers back then. You may have one of these.

If you have am adjusting screw on the face of the bottom rail, it could be our 81-018. If the adjusting screw is on the bottom end of the door, however, then consider our 81-166 instead. That said, we highly recommend confirming before you make a purchase, as we cannot guarantee that either is a match.
A home owner says:
Thank you, Paul. My doors have the adjusting screw on the face, how do I determine the correct replacement?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The only way to know for sure is to remove your roller from the door and compare it to our 81-018. I think that may be it, but I cannot guarantee it.
A home owner from maryland says:
Thank you, Paul.
I went ahead took a chance and ordered the 81-018's. Finally had someone help me take the door off and it was the right roller! The door is much better although it still does not roll as smoothly as the others, it is a big improvement.

Thanks again.
Barbara
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.