Crestline window sash parts.

A home owner from USA says:
I was referred to you by Crestline. One of my Crestline Windows does not stay up but slams shut. Here are the parts on the sash that I think might be the issue. Do you have replacement parts or sashes for these windows. Believe they date back to 1995 or so.

I believe the part you call the shoe is broken and does not hold up the window at all - how do i get replacement parts. I am attaching pictures of the sashes. The metal part is bent-is that the way it should be. Also think the plastic pieces those metal prongs go into might be broken. HEre are some pictures. Can you tell me what i need to do.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The friction shoe appears similar to our 15-104. To replace the shoe, you need to remove both sashes, pull out the jamb liner, then slide out the old shoe and slide in the new shoe. Our 20-016 tilt pin might work to replace yours, but you might have to trim the bottom base to fit in the sash groove.
A quick learner says:
thank you for your response. not being a window expert do I only need to order the 2 parts you mentioned or do you need to get new jamb liners too and how do I go about getting these parts.

Carol
Profile picture of Paul
It would depend on what's broken. If the only things that are damaged are your shoe and pivot pin, you can get away with just replacing those. However, if your spring balance is broken, you will need new jamb liners entirely. For that, you would need to contact a local mill work. The shoe and pivot pin can be purchased directly from our site.
A home owner from CT says:
Hi Paul:

Thanks you for all your help on this. I did order the two parts you mentioned.

The handyman who looked at the window was not sure if the springs also need to be replaced as they do not seem to be attached to anything-but he only looked at the window quickly and was not familiar with this system. Anyway do you know the answer to the question and should I just order them to be safe-if so there were so many springs on your site did not know which ones to order. The Crestline windows are 29 1/2" wide and 45" long - double hung.

Thank you,

Carol
Profile picture of Paul
If the springs are bad, you will need new jamb liners. We cannot help with that, I'm afraid, but a local mill work should.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.