SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crossbow balance related hardware

A home owner from Holly Springs, NC 27540 says:
Hello. I have window that needs crossbow balance replacement along with all the other replacement parts attached to and above the balance, i.e. top string assembly, hook bracket at top of window track to hold top string, etc.

I have identified the balance needed as product code S850-32, 32.5" series 850 crossbow balance with black 1-1/4" width shoe. Need your help to identify other parts.

Please provide price to include shipping and lead-time along with installation instructions for the balance and all the other replacement parts required.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please submit some picture from your window of the hardware you are looking to replace. We need to see exactly what you currently have.
A home owner from Holly Springs says:
Pictures as requested are attached. The hardware shown is on the opposite side (good side) of the window. The opposite side is missing the top bracket, string that attaches from bracket to balance and the balance needs replacing.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Thanks.
User submitted photo of windows.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you'll need the S850-32 with 1 1/4" shoe.
A home owner from Holly Springs says:
Thanks again for your response. I already know the crossbow balance model #S850-32 is what I need. I need your assistance to determine the correct parts to complete the window assembly, i.e. the string assembly that attaches to top of model #S850-32 balance and the clip with hardware that the string assembly attaches to at top of window raceway.

Please provide me all model #'s and prices to include S850-32 with 1-1/4" shoe.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "string assembly." Are you referring to the balance itself? There are strings on the crossbow balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)