SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crossbow balance with red shoe

A handy person from Monroe, Georgia says:
I am looking for a window ballis for my window. it looks like your S-850 series it is 28.5 inches long but my shoe is red not black or white it is 1" wide. The window was sold by lansing buildind products in 2006. They are telling me that the company has went out of bussnes and they dont know who made the parts for them. attached is a picture.
A customer submitted photo of a crossbow balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you please confirm the width of your "T" shoe? We have a Red shoe option that may match, however it is 15/16" wide, not a full 1". Please double check and let me know!
A handy person from Monroe Ga. says:
Thanks Paul, I did check the shoe and it looks like 15/16 wide It has a crack and is spread out but when I mash it back together it measures the 15/16. The measurement of the thickness of the shoe is 3/8 and it has a rounded part on the T part of the shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for clarifying. In that case, please take a look at our S850-28 crossbow balance with a Red 15/16" shoe. Do you think this would work for you?
A handy person from Monroe, Ga. says:
Is the slot where the pivot pin fits the same size on all balances?
Can I just replace the one side that is broke or will your balance have a different tention than my old one and cause the window to not go up and down easy?
Thanks for all your help....
Profile picture of Paul
The slot where the pivot pin fits may vary depending on how old the balance is. As for replacing only one side, I like to replace new balances in pair to keep the tension the same. You can save the old good one and pair that up with another old one should the need arise.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)