SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Crossly Patio Screen Door

A home owner from Columbus, Ohio says:
I am looking for the top slot guides for a Crossly (1960's) patio screen door. I have included some photos of the unit. It looks nothing like the 86-001/2 as it has a spring attached to it to push it up against the guide. But it looks like the 86-001 could fit in the side slot and held in place with the screw. Your guys are the experts, what do you think? Any suggestion?

I am also looking for the weather striping that goes on the side of the door that fits into a T slot. Would be nice if it was a bit wider as currently there is a gap between the screen door and the patio door.

And lastly, will the 84-117 rollers work on this door, the existing ones seem to be more 3/4 inch, but their height is adjustable?

Thanks for all your great help now and in the past. You keep all my old Crossly 1960's awning windows working, lot cheaper than purchasing new.

Charles
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Charles. Hopefully I can help. Back when I worked on these doors, Crossly had already eliminated the top spring adjusting guide with the 86-001, where it can be raised or lowered by sliding it and tightening the screw. They were using the 84-019 bottom screen door wheel on this door. I wonder if you could use our 84-017. If possible, may I see some photos of your bottom wheel to confirm?
A home owner from Columbus, Ohio says:
Hi Paul,

I have attached photos of the bottom roller and bottom corner of the screen door.It looks like there is not enough headroom for the shaft for 84-019 unless I am missing something, so it looks like the 1" roller will have to do. What do you think?

Also, any Ideas for the T-slot weather striping?

Thanks for your help,

Charles
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Charles. Take a look at our 84-014 wheel. It is larger than the 1" you need, but I believe you need the wider wheel for your door and track. Also take a look at the 82-234 glass door wheel. This might be another choice. I'm not sure about the axle diameter you need. You will need to take a look each recommended wheel and their related axles. As for that weather stripping, we would need to see a profile of it along with dimensions to identify what to use in your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)