SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do I Have a Custom Length Balance?

A home owner from Antelope Acres, California says:
So it appears that the closest offering you guys have for me is too long or too short. The 380 series has the right ends, but my length is 25 and 5/8ths, metal edge to metal edge excluding the clips. Do I need a custom size?

My broken balance has 25 4 3SI RH stamped on it.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure you have the S380-26? There is a certain type of specially made balance that comes in lengths that end on the 5/8". Are the pulley wheels inside the shoe, rather than the metal channel? If so, then you have this specially made balance. I will need to see pictures of the top and bottom nylon attachments and the metal hook at the end of the pulley string in order to identify what you need.
A quick learner says:
Awesome,it does indeed have wheels inside. Will take a photo tonight when I get home.
Profile picture of Tom
Excellent! Let me know as soon as you can and we can work from there.
A home owner says:
Here are some photos. This one broke. Will try and find the hook soon.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! Yes, this is the balance I was thinking of. Please let me know when you find that metal clip, as it is necessary for us to find the right replacement.
A quick learner says:
Here is the clip. Is it found on the website or would I need to call to order specialty?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Great, thanks for getting back to us! I'll email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
A quick learner says:
Could you also send me a link for one that is the same style but 19 5/8" long and has 19 0 stamped on it.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid a stamp of 19 0 doesn't correspond with anything. Are you sure that's what it reads? If you're not, please take a picture of the stamp and upload it here for us to see. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)