SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

D429,619 Door stop replacement

A quick learner from Toulumne County says:
I need to replace a door stop the only identifying number is the Patent # D429,619. Its brass plated, the body of the door stop is seven inches long, 3/4" wide, and has an anchor screw hole on the top and the bottom is 1 1/2 inches from the bottom. Is there a local hardware store that sells this item. I live in California my zip code is 95329. I live in Toulomne County but Stanislaus and Merced Counties are close by.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid I am not familiar with your area, so I cannot recommend a local store. As for the part itself, I've been able to link that patent number with an old discussion regarding a similar part. As you can see, we considered the 42-006, but we were not certain if it would work or not. It remains the only possible replacement we have, and we have not heard any confirmation if it could work as a substitute. Look it over and see what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)