SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

DEL MAR ENG CO 3,670,357 single wheeled roller

A home owner from California says:
I called and spoke to a repesenative and they said to send pics and measurements. I am looking for about 10 of them
The wheel had this stamp:
Stamped:
PRODUCT OF
DEL MAR ENG CO
LONG BEACH CAL
PAT 3,670,357
User submitted photo of single wheel sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Thank you for your patience. I am currently in the process of researching possible replacement rollers. I will post an update as soon as I have more information to share.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
This particular style roller with the T-tab design has been discontinued by Del Mar. We are still working on possible substitutes for you.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at the following new rollers:

81-254, Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller

81-255, Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller
A quick learner from Marietta GA says:
The part is a Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357, it also has the #1 stamped above the name. 2-3/16 l x 1-1/2 h x 3/4 w.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I've placed your iqnuiry in an existing discussion regarding the Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357.

Please take a look at the 81-254 and 81-255 Sliding Patio Glass Door Roller.
A home owner from new jersey says:
I'm also looking for the same rollers, par # 3,670,357 with the #1 on top.I don't believe 81-254 or 81-255 will fit unless the back is open ? Can't tell from your photo's.
A home owner from santa monica ca. says:
sliding door roller assembly wheel is broken -
we currently have a del mar engineering, long beach, california pat # 3,670,357 we are trying to replace.
Do you have a replacement wheel that would work
The closest we found was your product code 81-148
- but we can't tell if it is an exact match..
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I placed your inquiry in an existing discussion regarding the Del Mar Eng Patent #3,670,357.
A home owner from Nevada says:
So what did the original homeowner from CA end up using? Did 81-254, 81-255 or 81-148 actually work in place of the Del Mar Eng Pat. #3,670,357?
A home owner from Sacramento, CA says:
Today I was ecstatic when the 81-148 rollers fit my 1976 roller doors (wheels Del Mar engineering, Long Beach, CA, Pat 3,670,357)! I lived with a bum wheel on one of the doors for 10 years now, and ordered 4 of the wheels 81-148, and although the dimensions varied by 1/8 to 1/16, and the tab was different than my original wheels, they fit great. The wheel diameter was important though, I think, although it is adjustable, and there was plenty of wiggle room above the sliding doors in the top chase. Minor adjustment needed on leading wheel when installing - I needed to bend tab up to fit into slot of door. But worked like a charm, along with the Slider Slicker with teflon - doors run super smoothly now. Adjustable wheel position not necessary for me, but adds that flexibility.
Thank you!
Patrick
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)