SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

DF1100 crank window lock pieces

A home owner from North Springfield, Vermont says:
We have several DF1100 crank out windows on our sunroom. Some of the plastic lock pieces have broken. Can we get replacements? We purchased these from Portland Glass in 1996. The part number of the window itself was NWCN25(39) if I read the slip right. we bought five at that time.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we may be able to help. Can I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us locate possible replacements for you. Thanks!
A home owner from North Springfield Vt. says:
Attached are some pictures of the locking mechanism. It appears that it is riveted together, so I cannot buy just the plastic piece? Also note that the breaks are across the holes, I have no idea why the holes are there, it just makes it weak. There is a number on the back of the assembly, 21328. there is no number on the plastic piece.
A customer submitted image of their casement window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ahh, I see. No, you will not be able to replace that plastic piece by itself. You will need a new lock. Check out our 38-144, which I think looks pretty similar to yours. Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)