SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

DNS industries 12 inside pull miami fl1400 series

A home owner from aventura FL says:
The door handle on one of my sliding glass doors has broken into two pieces and detached from the door. It is 7 7/16 inches long. The hole for the lock begins at 4 9/16 inches from the top of the handle and is at 5 1/2 inches at the bottom. The lock connects to the handle at around 5 to 1/2 inches. There are two sliding doors here, examining the other one there is a crack in it as well so replacing both would make sense. The building no longer carries the handles but does install them.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for posting. DNS is out of business, but for their 1400 Series door I would recommend our 82-008 lock. Just make sure it matches, especially the placement of the "tooth." If you also need a keeper, see our 89-003, and for handles see our 88-001 or 88-002.
A home owner from DeLand. FL says:
Just a follow-up since I didn't see anyone reply- The 82-008 does work as a replacement for DNS industries 12 inside pull
I just purchased one and though it is about 1/16" shorter than the original, it covers the hole completely, fits the tooth, and the existing handles matched as well.

thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)