SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

DNS replacement security issue

A home owner from Fl says:
Looking at the 82-008 as a replacement for my DNS 1400 series.
With the tooth pointing down, when locked, my locks tooth can be lifted off the keeper. I could shim about a half inch at the top of the door to prevent this. (suggestions appreciated)
I'm also wondering if the 82-002 comes in chrome since its tooth points up. It looks like it has a different tooth location on the lockset.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure which handle set it is that you need for your patio door. If it is the 82-002, you might be able to use the 89-006 keeper with the "pin" at the top to prevent the door from being lifted. You could also install the 80-006 patio bar. That could be a good solution for securing you door. What do you think?
A home owner from Central Florida says:
Thank you for the suggestions. The 82-002 could work with the 89-006 keeper - I'd just have to relocate the tooth position on my doors. As for the 80-006 security bars, they work well on another house with 3 single sliding doors. In this case the 8 ft high door is a double slider to one side. Another door is a standard height Left-Right slider that can be secured with an 80-008 nite lock pin in the middle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)