SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

A home owner from Livermore says:
I ordered a handle for my sliding glass door based on the number on the glass. It was not correct. I need a locking handle for wood framed sliding glass door. The number on the glass is SGCC 1804 1/8U. I received an 82-069, which is not correct.This is what we have. Not the outside handle is broke off, so it's not pictured, but you can see there were through holes with tube or channel support. That is, it wasn't just a bare screw going through the width of the door, it was encased in metal. The weak point was where that metal met the handle body. 4" between the holes on an 8.5" handle. Pics of both sides, and lock-mechanism, attached.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Have you tried installing the 82-069? While it's not identical to what you have installed now, it actually may still work. If you want something that is more exact, see our 82-075 handle set instead.

For future reference, stamps located on your glass are usually just for the makers of the glass, not the door itself.
A quick learner says:
We ordered and received 82-069 per instructions earlier, but it does not work. That is, there is a pass through channel which is drilled out in the door, and so this model does not appear to be correct.
Is there something else on the door that is a better indication, or on the handle itself? Is there a place to look on the handle that might have the necessary information?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We also have the 82-075, which looks more like what you have. This is also assuming your door is 1-5/8" thick. However if the 82-069 didn't work I'm not sure if this will, either. You mention those through hole pins, but no handle we have has a setup like that. At first glance it looks like part of the old handle broken off and still installed in the door. If you removed those and tried to install the 82-069 with screws, I don't see why it won't work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)