DOOR REPLACEMENT HANDLE

A home owner from Knoxville, Iowa says:
THE DOOR HANDLE IS FOR A COLE SEWELL STORM DOOR ALL GLASS FRONT. THE HANDLE IS COMPLETELY BROKE OFF AND CANNOT SHOW A PICTURE OF THE HANDLE ATTACHED. HOPEFULLY THESE MEASUREMENTS IN THE PHOTOS WILL BE ENOUGH TO HELP IDENTIFY AND REPLACE THE HANDLE.
User submitted photos of a door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This looks like our 40-049 lock set. Check it out and see if you agree.
A home owner from Knoxville, Iowa says:
I was looking at the 40-193 but the measurements aren't quite lining up. This may be a dumb question, but when measuring the holes for the screws, do you go from center hole to center hole? If so, it's exactly 7". I could possibly make 7 1/8" work. The 40-049 is only 6 1/2"-

The inside piece below is where the problem lies. The screw is jammed into where the door should latch but would like to get a whole new handle if I can find a match. Thanks for your help!
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, we don't have anything closer. The 40-049 is the closest possible match we have. Considering your old handle set has through-bolts, I think you would have to re-drill new holes in the door anyway. I cannot guarantee that the 40-049 will work, but it appears to be the only possible replacement we have.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.