DSH 20121 Mirrored bypass door track

A quick learner from USA says:
Recently purchased a home built in 1998. There are sliding mirrored bypass closet doors in the master bath. The bottom track is rusted and unsightly. Not sure just how to remove the doors from the track. Both upper and lower hardware bear the same number: DSH 20121, but the upper hardware has the roller. The lower hardware has a plastic piece that fits into a slot in the lower track. The door cannot be removed by lifting it straight up and off the rollers in the top track. Three photos are attached. Any help is greatly appreciated!
User submitted photos of mirror closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our 23-240 for a possible replacement bottom track. As for removing the doors, try adjusting the top roller and bottom guide. That may help you lift the door out.
A home owner from nanaimo bc canada says:
i would like to remove my two mirrored doors ,there doesn't seem to be place to lift out the roller out of track,what i thought of is to remove track screws all but one and somehow roll the doors off that would be a last resort ,any ideas on your end.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It can be tricky to remove the doors. Go behind the doors and with a putty knife slide across the top of the track and push in the bottom locking pins on the bottom guide and while doing it lift up the nylon piece up from the track. Do the same on the other end, then swing the door towards you to unhook the top rollers. Let us know if this gets the job done for you. 

A home owner from Canada says:
Dsh 20121 bottom plastic required what product matches the dimensions to replace .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210826_043531.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It's tough to tell since your guide is damaged but it does resemble the 23-215 bottom guide. take a look and see how they compare. Thank you!

A quick learner from Toronto, Canada says:
I have the exact same bottom piece. How do I get the nylon piece back into the track?
Profile picture of Casey

The 23-215 bottom guide installs by hooking into the track, which requires the door to be held at an angle until the guide is aligned with the track and it will engage the rest of the way when the door is fully installed. You may also need to adjust the rollers to get the necessary clearance. We recommend having someone help you since these doors are large and can be cumbersome to work with. 

A quick learner from Toronto, Canada says:
Thanks for your reply. How do I remove the top rollers from the track to be able to remove the door completely and re-install it from the bottom track as you indicated? Do I have to unscrew the top roller mechanism?
Profile picture of Casey

You'll need to lift the top rollers up and out of the track, then gently tilt it into the room so that you can unhook the bottom guide from its track.

A home owner from nanaimo bc canada says:
Thanks for expert opinion
Got the job done and put back together.
Profile picture of Casey

That's great news! Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.