SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Daryl Patio door handle

A quick learner from Versailles, MO says:
I have an old (like maybe 1963) patio door with a Daryl brand handle. I tried ordering a replacement from another company and it was too short and too narrow; that company referred me to you. My handle has a 6 7/8" spread between the screws, is 7 3/8' long and 1 1/8" wide. Do you have anything that would work to replace my broker one?? Thanks! Kenny
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Kenny! I'd be happy to help. Could I see a few pictures of the old handle? That will help us find a good match for you.
A quick learner from Versailles, MO says:
Here are photos of the patio door handle.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I actually don't think this handle is still available. I think you might want to consider a substitute.

When I've replaced this lock in the past, I installed a piece of flat aluminum to cover the hole and then installed the 82-005 surface-mount lock over top of it. If that does not work for you, it may be time for a new door. This handle is at least 50 years old.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)