Del Mar Roller Corp. Two Wheeled Roller-No Markings

A home owner from Arlington, VA says:
Hi,

The roller pictured is one of two rollers supporting a wooden framed sliding patio glass door. I believe the rollers are at least 10-15 years old and have worn down to the point where the door will no longer slide. Upon inspection, one of the rollers has worn down off its track of the ball bearings while the other has held up decently. I plan to replace both of them. I have also enclosed the top of the door with two little white wheels. I am assuming those are to guide the door on top. One is missing, but I don't believe this is the main problem. However, if you have a suggestion or replacement for two sets, please let me know.

We plan on renovating our house in the next 12 months so I don't need something that will last forever, but I do need something that will last so we can enjoy actually getting on to our back deck. I'm not sure if this will make a difference in what you recommend.

Thanks for the help!!!
User submitted photos of patio door rollers.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Hopefully I can get these doors working comfortably for you before the renovation. Please check out our 81-018 Sliding Patio Glass Door Tandem Roller, which I think looks pretty similar to what you have. Just make sure the dimensions match. As for the white plastic one, how about our 84-077? What do you think?
A home owner from Arlington, VA says:
Thanks! Is there any grease needed for the top rollers? Or should I clean out the interior track before replacing them? As you can see from the picture, the top rollers are pretty greased up/dirty so I wasn't sure the correct way to go. Also, do you recommend the track lubricant, and if so, how often?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You can use a silicone spray, which won't collect dirt. I recommend cleaning the track thoroughly and then spraying it down. You can also consider using our 75-077 lubricant on the bottom track and just spray the top. Just make sure you clean first!
A quick learner from Dartmouth, MA says:
Hi, I am looking to replace my assembly also, and this picture is the same as I have. I see you have 4 different models that all measure the same but vary significantly in price. Can you tell me the differences between them and which one would offer the best value for the money spent? Model #s are: 81-018 ; 81-149 ; 81-141 ; 81-137. The door is a wooden inner door between porches and not exposed to weather. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Good question. 81-018 and 81-149 are the same save for the fact that the 81-149 is stainless steel. The same goes for 81-141 and 81-137, where 81-137 is the stainless steel version. However, 81-018 and 81-149 cannot be used to replace 81-137 and 81-141, and vice versa. They are two totally different pairs of rollers.
Thanks for the explanation Tom. Can you explain the differences between 018 and 141 then? THey appear to have the same measurements. I am not sure which to order except that 141 appears a bit sturdier than 018. Also the top gap between the metal seems to be slightly wider on the 141 (which is more similar to mine). Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
The 81-018 has its tabs on the bottom while the 81-141 has its tabs on the top.
"d-uh"!!! LOL, I just didn't see that! Thanks for pointing that out. Tabs on the bottom for me! I appreciate the help and will be ordering these.
A quick learner from Williamsburg, VA says:
Thanks for the pictures. Having same issue as Arlington but home was built in '85 with a Morgan door. The 81-018 looks like the answer and have ordered them.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
SWISCO 75-077 Slider Slicker Track Lubricant
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
SWISCO Stainless Steel Sliding Glass Door Tandem Roller, 81-149
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.