SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Del Mar Toronto Truth hinge set

A home owner from USA says:
I have the del mar Toronto Truth hardware on my casement window. I believe that the part 36-013-10 is the right replacement, but it don't see where I have room like in the video to affix the small bracket under the window rubber gasket. Doesn't look like there is room. The windows In the photo seem to affix it underneath.

Please look at the window and let me know if I have the right part. Thank you so much,

Renea S
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what your question is. Based on your pictures, it looks like a bracket is already affixed to your sash under the gasket. Are you asking how to remove it? If so, you don't necessarily have to. The end of your operator arm has a metal detach clip similar to our 39-105 which holes the arm to the bracket. If you slide the clip away from the stud then the operator arm should just pop off.
A home owner from Deal, NJ says:
I have 2 windows this is the photo of the working one. On the other, the arm is broken and I can't open the window to take a picture. I want to know why my window bracket is affixed to the underside of the window while the replacement part video shows that the bracket is affixed below the rubber gasket.
Profile picture of Dave
It's just a matter of you having a different type of casement window. Not all casement windows will be identical. While the window in our video is different, though, the general principle is the same. How exactly is the arm of the bad operator broken? Maybe we can come up with a solution for you.
A home owner from Deal, NJ says:
The arm meets the piece on the window with a screw like bolt. And the clip underneath secures it.
I have the clip, but the screw like piece is missing.
Also, when the window is fully cranked close, the left corner is still a bit away from the casement.
Not sure why
Profile picture of Dave
From your description it sounds like the "stud" has broken off the sash bracket. You should consider replacing it entirely. You are going to have to find a way to open the window again in order to remove it, then consider something like our 39-514 or 39-513 as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)