Designer series sliding patio screen door latch

A quick learner from Holt, Michigan says:
I'm Having a problem removing broken latch from latch case. I followed the video instructions to the point of latch removal but latch seems to be hung up in the case. I'm replacing latch because the piece is broken off flush with its case opening on the exterior on the screen side. (where the screen protector is located). I have tried to push it through the casing from the latch side and getting some movement but then it feels like it's hanging up in the case some how.........Grrrrrrrrr!! Any tips on getting this guy outta the case? Thanks, Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Joe. It would depend on what you have. Can you show me pictures of the hardware in question? That will help us come up with a solution.
Hi Tom

I have a pella designer sliding patio screen door that I'm working on. The latch in question which is broken off is akin to your latch replacement no. 83-115 and also which is hung up in the case. Here are some pictures (the interior handle assembly levers are shown in the picture but they have been since REMOVED). Before I order a replacement latch I need to get the broken latch outta there. I watched the video step by step on how to replace the latch
but at the point it's supposed to slide out, well.......no luck. Thanks for your help Tom.
Pella Handle
Hey Tom........ OOPS!
I replied to this email earlier today in the A.M. In checking my question status minutes ago I inadvertently UNsubscribed from this site. OOPS...Can you please reinstate my last reply to you regarding Pella latch description and continue on with your assistance....thanks so much! Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Joe! I'm not sure if there is a specific issue, I think you're just running into an inherent flaw in the design of this door. The 83-115 lever unfortunately won't just slide out. It takes some finagling to get it done. The text-book explanation is to press down, then push and pull it at the same time, but it can still be a little stubborn in my experience. I'm afraid there isn't really a trick to it, it just takes some wiggling around.
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.