SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Detail of locking handle

A home owner from colorado_springs says:
My handles are similar to 82-034, but no external lock, the knob to engage the lock has a twist, in the bar The locking washer is a metal snap washer.
I replaced the lock from a hardware store, finding the installer had reversed the position of the lock. Your on line video solved that, thanks.

Can you send a detail of the locking knob which has to be turned to lock the door, maybe a sample, or replacement. When I have this solved I will be ordering the complete mortise.

Cordially Walter
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the locking thumb lever on the 82-034 is machine pressed in at the factory, so we would not be able to send a sample. It has a standard straight tail, though. I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, though. Could you clarify? Could you also perhaps send us a few pictures of your existing handle set and locking thumb lever? Thanks!
A home owner from Colorado Springs says:
Howdy Tom
Internal locking mech is twisted 1 rotation of 90 degrees. Only help by snap washer. The other 2 pics are internal and external mounting.

Hope that clarifies.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like you have a problem with the mortise lock (like our 82-218 for example) not operating properly. It could be jammed or the striker/keeper that it latches onto needs to be adjusted. The turn lever you show in your photo is not replaceable, like Tom mentioned. I would suggest purchasing a complete handle set like the 82-035. This is a plain basic handle set that should fit your door, and if the thumb lever should break in the future it is easily replaced.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)