SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Detail on 82-061

A quick learner from Colorado says:
How thick of a door will this handle work on? Also, can you confirm it comes with a locking mechanism (inside only)?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... the 82-061 can only act as a replacement for a door that already had the 82-061 installed. It can't really work for anything else. Are you sure this is the handle you need? Could I see a few pictures of your existing handle? That will help us find a better replacement.
A quick learner says:
The handle will work fine on my existing door. I actually already ordered the handle. However, I was surprised to find that it didn't come with a lock. The handle has a lever that should connect to a lock and the instructions show a lock but don't list the part number. Do you have the lock for this handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, glad to hear the 82-061 is a match. As for the inside mortise lock, what you need depends on what you had installed originally. The 82-061 can go with a few different kinds. Would you happen to have your old inside mortise lock handy that we can see?
A quick learner from Colorado says:
I've uploaded a photo of the door. My problem is that this sliding door was designed with the worst hardware ever. It had a auto-latching mechanism that ran the full height of the door. The opening handle contained a ratchet that opened the latch when you opened the door. Then when the door was closed, a piston hit a strike and released the ratchet. Horrible system. So I'm starting from scratch. The reason I chose the 82-061 handle is the opening is so large. The screw holes are 8 1/8" on center and that large opening is 7 1/4" tall. I need a handle to cover that large opening. The "channel" in the middle of the door could be fitted with a wood strip to mount the motise lock to. So you see, I have a big custom challenge here. Any suggestions?
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ahh, I see. Have you installed the 82-061 yet? If so, did it work? Either way, do you still have the original hardware handy? I would like to see both the handle and the inside mortise lock. It would help narrow down our search if we saw what was installed originally.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)