SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Difference between 15-155 (old) and 15-192 certainteed shoe

A quick learner from Dayton Ohio says:
Hello, My certainteed windows are about 20 years old and both coil balance springs have broken in one of the windows. My question is: what is the difference between the old pivot shoe, pt# 15-155 and the new style pivot shoe pt# 15-192. They appear to be to same dimensions. And do I need to replace the pivot shoes if they seem to be functioning okay? My springs are stamped 408 J if that makes any difference.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The newer style (15-192 Pivot Shoe) has the same thickness as the older style (15-155) except it has a 1/8" nylon protrusion to ride in the track. The metal center has a curve on the closed end where the old model has it square off.
A quick learner from Dayton ohio says:
Okay, I see the difference now. Looks like I have the old style and I will probably order the same if I decide to replace them. Thanks for the info, what a great service!
A home owner from oklahoma says:
whats the differance between product num 15-155 and product num 15-192 my windows were made made in 2002
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
If you take a look at my post above, you'll see that the newer 15-192 has the same thickness as the older 15-155, but the 15-192 has a 1/8" nylon protrusion to ride in the track. Also, the new 15-192 has a curve on the metal center piece where the old 15-155 has it squared off.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)