SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Difference between 26-122 and 26-219

A quick learner says:
Please explain the difference between lock #26-122 and #26-219. Are they interchangeable? My locks
are 2" in height, not sure of the depth until I
remove broken lock. I want to order the correct
Frank D.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Frank. The 26-122 is slightly larger in both width and height by 1/32". Look under the additional images for each part to see the exact dimensions.
A quick learner says:
Purchased a few of the tilt latch 26-266 and 26-267 as well as the vent locks for my Home Depot windows. Some of the original window parts broke after just a couple of years. I didn't seem to mind since each window had at least one working part. But this past winter, I realized the tilt latches help hold the window more snug and tight in the frame, so I began my search for replacement parts. Wasn't easy. I finally came across Swisco and after careful measuring and photo comparisons, decided these were the correct parts. They were extremely easy to install. Getting the broken pieces out required some elbow grease but I was able to tap them out with a flathead screwdriver and hammer. Since there is such a very slight difference in size between the vent locks 26-219 and 26-122, measuring the opening in the window could have gone either way. I opted for the smaller, thinking at least it will fit and I could always put some sort of filler if too small. Even after popping in the 26-219's, I still wasn't sure if I could have used the 26-122's. There is a bit of a lip on these which "snaps in" so they are not going to fall out. I am ordering more of the latches and vent locks to have on hand, because it's only a matter of time before they all break. The original parts weren't of the best quality and I would say that the Swisco parts are fairly comparable. But they weren't expensive windows, so it's all relative. These parts get the job done, do what they are intended to do and that's just fine with me. I was just very relieved to finally find a supplier! And I think we got our money's worth with the Home Depot windows.
Your site is very helpful with all of the images, measurements and comparisons. It really helped me narrow down my parts, since there are no identifying numbers on the original parts.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)