Difference between 84-074 nylon wheel and 84-074 steel wheel

A home owner from Neche, ND says:
morning! Looking to replace the rollers on a couple of patio screen doors. Curious to know why 84-074 is available in both nylon and steel wheel versions. Have you a preference? Mine are steel, and up here, of course, we get all kinds of weather. Mine are about fifteen years old and in pretty rough shape. Appreciate any tips you might offer...

Tim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tim! Both rollers work just as well, but nylon holds up better in salt air environments, like down the shore. Some people also find that steel is stronger and less likely to wear down or break. That's more or less the trade-off you're looking at.
hi Paul, thanks so much for your prompt reply. Wonder if nylon might not be a bit quieter too. Will probably try a couple of each. Have to measure mine against your listing just to make sure, but I assume they're roughly the same. I will order them shortly. So glad to have found your site. Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Sounds good to me! Thank you for considering us. Please let us know what you go with, and how the project turns out. If you have any other questions, I'm always here to help.
hi Paul,

very pleased to report the screen doors in our home work beautifully thanks to your rollers. I have two doors on steel rollers and one on nylon. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your prompt, courteous and professional service, and delivery of my order at warp speed! Appreciate it.

Tim
Profile picture of Paul
When you're happy, we're happy! We are glad everything worked out for you!
A quick learner from Michigan says:
I have 84-074 rollers on thr top of my screen door. Are the lower ones the same? How do I remove the lower ones?
A quick learner from Michigan says:
Can these rollers (84-074) be installed in any direction? Are they interchangeable? Do you have diagrams on which way they should be installed?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You may very well have the same roller on the top as on the bottom, but the only way to be sure is to check. Assuming that you have the 84-074 on both sides then they would be removed the same way: by removing the installation screw from the frame and pulling it out. Make sure to take the door down ahead of time and place it on a flat, stable surface.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.