Difficulty identifying channel balance.

A quick learner from USA says:
I have attached some photos of the part I need to replace. On one of the photo it say 2630 Q. I'm guess this is the part number. Please let me know if you carry this part. I'm having a hard time identifying this part on your website.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I recognize this balance. This is an old discontinued balance, but we can still custom make it for you. However, it's a little peculiar, so I will need you to confirm a few details.

First, the balance you show appears to be using the 15-025 bottom attachment and the 19-008 top attachment. Please review these parts to confirm. However, this is only one balance in the window. In many cases, the balance on the other side of the window will only have the 19-008 top attachment. Please let me know if this is the case! It's a very important detail. The other balance may also have a different stamp, so you should look at that, as well.

Once you can confirm that information, please tell me how many of each balance (if they are different) you will need. I can then send you a custom order form and price quote.
A landlord from Franklin Park, NJ says:
Hi Paul,

I'm checking into the details and will get back to you soon. BTW, do you have store that I can bring the balance to you so you can see it for yourself?

Joe
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks, Joe. Let me know whenever you can. I'm afraid we do not have a store. Your pictures were very helpful, I am confident in our recommendation. Your balance isn't all that uncommon, it just has kind of an awkward setup, as you can tell.
I was able to get balance that has the bottom attachment and the top attachment that I need but the total length is only 23 inches (including both attachments. My balance total length is 28 inches. The balance that is 23 inches has a number printed on it and that number is 2120. I have send 5 pics of it to Jody to the customer care email address. So I need this balance No. 2120 but the length has to be 28 inches.
A home owner from USA says:
Please forward this to Paul. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us, Joe. I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. I would like to clear up some details.

The first thing to keep in mind is that your stamp, 2630, is not an identification number. This only tells you how strong the spring is. In the same way, your new stamp of 2120 is not an identification number, either. As it is much smaller than your original 2630, I would wager it is much weaker as well. As you said, this is definitely the wrong balance, not just in size.

With that in mind, let's ignore the new balance and only focus on the old one. It had a stamp of 2630, which usually means the metal channel is 27" long, not 28" long like you mentioned. Can you confirm? Make sure to only measure the metal channel, not the nylon attachments.

Next, I still need you to answer the questions I asked in my first response. I am confident that the 15-025 bottom and 19-008 top are what you need, but these hinged windows have an awkward setup in that both balances in the window may not be the same. The other balance in the window may be missing the 15-025 shoe. It may also have it, though. I can't know for sure. I need you to confirm for me. I also need you to confirm that both balances have the same "2630" stamp. There are some cases where hinged windows use a different stamp on each side. Again, this indicates the strength of the spring, so it's very important.

Once you clear up that information, we can send you an order form for these balances.
Paul,
Thank you for teaching me that the number on the metal channel is not an identification number and it is the spring strength.
I measured the metal channel and it is only 27" long and not 28". As you suspected I was measuring the nylon attachments and getting 28". Sorry about this confusion.
You are correct about the nylon attachments on either end of the metal channel. They are 15-025 on the bottom and 19-008 on the top.
For the last item I have sent an email to my tenant to confirm the type of balance on the other side. I will send this information to you as soon as I receive it.
Thanks,
Joe
Profile picture of Paul
Awesome, thank you! Once we have that information we should have everything squared away. Oh, there is one last thing, since these balances will have to be custom made: could you tell me how many of each side you will need? Thanks again!
A quick learner from USA says:

Paul/Tom

I hope all your questions have been answered. I need 5 pcs for the left side and I need 5 pcs for the right side. Please let me know much this will cost. D67179

Thanks,
Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Joe, I'm afraid I have not received any new information. Please post the information you mentioned before directly to this post. Do not email us or contact us any other way to avoid confusion. To recap, we need the following:

-The stamp option printed on each and every balance and how many of each you need.
-Which of these balances have both the 19-008 AND 15-025, and which balances ONLY have the 19-008.
Tom,
I need 5 metal channel with stamp option 2630 Q which is 27 inches long with both 19-008 and 15-025 attached to either side of the channel for one side of the window.
I need 5 metal channel with stamp option 2540 Q which is 26 inches long with 19-008 attached to one end.

Please let me know how much this will cost me.
Thanks,
Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! Exactly what we needed to know. I've emailed you two custom order links for both balances, and a price quote for each. You can use these links to add the custom balances to your cart, then checkout with everything as if it were a normal order.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.