Do I have a Series 400 Balance?

A distributor from LAREDO, TEXAS says:
IM LOOKING FOR PARTS FOR A WINDOW. I THINK ITS YOUR 28" SERIES 400 SPIRAL BALANCE AND THE TOOL FOR IT.
User submitted photo of their spiral balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

If your plastic tube measures 3/8" in diameter and the length of your tube is 28", the S400-28 should be your replacement.

The 75-005 Charging Tool would be the tool to use.
A distributor from laredo,texas says:
the piece of brass in the close up view bottom of the balance...what is the purpose of it and does it come off.... My customer says his don't have it and just want's to make sure it can come off if needed....
Profile picture of Paul
This is what is referred to as a "bowtie brass fitting"; it is not supposed to come off.

The fitting locks into the sash fitting, allowing the window sash to operate.
A distributor from laredo, texas says:
do you have a balance without the bowtie brass fitting?
Profile picture of Paul
Can you submit a few photos of a balance that does not have a damaged end (where it hooks to the window sash)?
I ORDER 28" SERIES 400 SPIRAL BALANCES FOR SOME WINDOWS BUT THEY DIDNT FIT. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURES THEY ARE VERY SIMILAR. THEY CURVE STARTS AFTER 1 INCH AND THE SLOT IS TWICE AS WIDE N LONG. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE THESE BALANCES AND IF ITS THE SAME TOOL.
User submitted photo of their window sash and support balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Now that I see the picture of the sash I see how your original balance works. I originally thought that you had a type of S400 style balance but now I see that someone must of customized the balance to work with this window. I have never seen your balance before and none of the balance manufacturers make a balance that would fit your needs.

Your only option to repair this window would be to customize the S400 balance you ordered to work with your window. Otherwise you may have to end up replacing the window.
A quick learner from laredo,texas says:
paul would your company be able to make the slot bigger on the series 400 without the brass bow tie?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we can cut a slot in the balances for you.

Was the tube length measurement on your previous order correct? I'm seeing that it was 28".

Please confirm, and then I will post the custom ordering information.
YES SIZE IS PERFECT... MU CUSTOMER MADE THE SLOT LARGER AND IT WORKED... IT'S JUST TO TIME CONSUMING FOR HIM AND HE DOESNTT HAVE THE TOOLS... WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO GET THE EXACT SLOT?... SEND YOU A SAMPLE OF IT....OR JUST TAKE PRECISE MEASUREMENTS ON THE SLOT?
YES THE 28" WORK FINE ITS JUST THE SLOT THAT NEEDS TO BE TWICE AS WIDE AND LONG..PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM
Profile picture of Tom
Can you please give us the size of the slot?
A distributor from laredo, texas says:
the slot measure .085 in x .360 in. please let me know if you can make it and how much will each slot cost.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience.

We can custom punch the spiral balance tips for you. To get started with the custom balance order, please fill out this Custom Balance Order Form and submit it to us.

A representative will then be in contact with you regarding the custom balances.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.