SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do I have the 40-186?

A quick learner from Solana Beach, California says:
I found your installation guide and product description sheet for the subject screen door hardware and it is exactly like my own. The handle has broken and I need to replace it - I assume that means the entire assembly. All the dimensions are identical (distance between screw holes, over all dimension, etc.) There is a groove in the dead bolt that I cannot see in your photo's however, it suspect that is the same too. My concern is that the hardware is quite old - possible 30 years or so. Has the design changed? Also, what is your return policy if it is not a match.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the design has changed that much. The 40-186 is an older style, anyway, though I don't know if it's exactly what you have. You said that everything is identical so I'm not sure what else to recommend. You can see our Return Policy on this page.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)