SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do I have to remove the screen to replace my 70-048?

A quick learner from Berkeley Springs WV says:
I watched the movie for 70-048 but my screens are good, the plastic latch break the first time you take the screens out, do you have a latch that you dont have to replace the screen to use.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, you don't have to replace the whole screen. You can just peel back the section where you're attaching the 70-048 and then respline everything you pulled away.
A home owner says:
Hi,
I have the same issue and want to order the 70-048 part for my screens, to replace the former beige plastic clips. But my screens don't need replacing either. Do you have a tutorial that shows how to attach the clip if you're not replacing any part of the screen? Can you just pull out the broken piece of clip and then insert a new one?
Thank you.
Meg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Meg. If you don't have to replace the whole screen, you just have to follow what I described above. All you have to do is peel back the section where the new clip will go and then respline it when you're done.
A quick learner says:
Thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)