SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do we need to replace the track or the whole door?

A home owner from Henderson, NV says:
Hello,

I have an 8'x 6' sliding glass door. The aluminum track has completely cracked through due to damaged caused either by a bent track or a slight bend in the bottom of the glass door frame when someone smacked into it. We can't tell if it is rubbing on the track or if the track was bent just enough to cause the door to sit incorrectly and shave away the track a little at a time. Anyway, we cannot tell whether we need to replace the whole door or just the track. We would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thank you,
Jeanette
User submitted photos of their sliding glass door track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You may be able to use a track cover or possibly the replacement glass door track we carry. See our replacement tracks 80-100 and 80-103. The replacement rack is our 80-105.
A handy person from Ocean City, NJ says:
Dave,

I've tried using your 80-103 track cover on my patio door track but it splayed from the weight of the door. I'd like to replace the track with your 80-106 track. My question is: How do you remove the existing rail? Do you grind it off; chisel it off; saw it off or use some other means?

I'll be in Camden this afternoon to purchase the rail so a quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Tony, take a look at the 80-105 Sliding Door Track. That might be a better option if you're saying the track is cut. Do you know the make of your door? Could you submit an image of the end view of your track with dimensions stating where the track lines up?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)