SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do you have parts to match?

A home owner from New Jersey says:
Your #15-180 Pivot shoe looks close but does not seem to be the same size or exact configuration. Does it matter? I see no number on the spring itself, but there is a "13" stamped on the pivot shoe. (see pics)

For the spring, I see you have a S190 540 and 640 and 740. What is the difference?

Thanks very much for the help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, size and shape matters quite a bit. I do not think you have our 15-180. See our 15-155 pivot shoe, instead. This is used with our Series 170 coil.
A home owner from Sicklerville says:
Yes, the 15-155 pivot shoe looks like what I have.
I just noticed that the spring is stamped with 409 and a "J" under the zero. Is this your 409 SERIES 170 COILED BALANCE SPRING? Does the "J" mean anything important?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! I'm glad our hardware matches up. If your spring is stamped "409" then our S170-409 is likely the best match, yes. I'm not sure what the J represents but I don't think it's anything essential.
A home owner from Sicklerville says:
Looks good! My last question is about availability. Is there any way to tell if Parts like this will become discontinued and unavailable in the future?

Thanks so much for your help. It's rare to find a company that is so helpful.

Ted
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We're always happy to help, of course. I'm afraid we can't say if this part will be discontinued in the future or not. There's no way we could know if that will ever happen.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)