SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Do you have this window crank

A home owner from Scarsdale says:
A couple of the teeth on the gear have broken off and am wondering if you have a replacement mechanism for this crank
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the gears have stripped out, then you will have to replace the entire operator. i would be happy to find a replacement for you, but I will have to see a few pictures of the entire operator removed from the window. Let me know!
A quick learner from Scarsdale says:
I cannot even open the window at this point, what do I need to do to get the pictures that you need?
Profile picture of Tom

I need to see the arms that physically open the window when you turn the crank. I will not be able to identify what operator this is without seeing those arms.

You can always browse through our Selection of Truth Casement Operators and see if there is a match here, but there are a few different operators that have the same base and gearing as in your image. Without seeing the arms as well, it's anyone's guess as to which is correct.

A quick learner from scarsdale says:
I have removed the hardware and can definitely send you a picture. Should I be able to open the window after the arm has been disconnected?

My problem is that I cannot even open the window and think it may be best to just replace it.
Profile picture of Tom
If you can't move the window even with the operator disconnected, then you're right, the operator may not even be the problem. There are a few other things you can check before you replace the whole window, though. See if there is any dirt or debris obstructing the hinges, to start. I would also look at the window from the outside to make sure nothing is blocking it there.
A quick learner from Scarsdale says:
Finally got the window open, please let me know if these pics will help you identify the appropriate replacement.

Thanks
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! Please see our 39-031 and 39-032 and see if either of these could possibly work for you.
A quick learner from scarsdale says:
Order placed, thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)